- Mixing Bowl
- 1 KIDS Blendie
- 1 banana
- ½ cup milk of your choice
- ⅓ cup spelt/wholemeal flour
- ½ cup Blueberries
- Combine the Blendie, half of the banana and milk in the blender. Blitz until smooth.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl. Pour over the Blendie mixture and whisk until smooth, Add half of the blueberries and stir until just combined.
- Heat a frying pan to medium, lightly grease with coconut/olive oil and then fry large spoonfuls of the batter in batches. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until bubbles start to dot the surface. Flip and cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Serve with the remaining blueberries and banana.
- Makes 4 hotcakes – serves 1 or 2 small children.
- No extra sweetener needed – these are sweet enough on their own! You could also add greek yoghurt for extra protein.
Credit to our wonderful Nutritionist Alanna for creating this recipe!