- 1 Antioxidant Blendie
- ½ cup strawberries
- ½ cup vanilla natural yoghurt
- 1-2 Sprigs of fresh mint leaves
- Chia seeds, for sprinkling (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and pulse on low until smooth.
- Garnish with extra slices strawberries, mint leaves and chia seeds
- Antioxidant rich – strawberries contains a high amount of polyphenols which fights free radicals/oxidative stress
- Yoghurt- Contains potassium which helps to blunt the effects of sodium (salt) in raising blood pressure – helps to lower blood pressure
- Mint – potentially antimicrobial and good for gastrointestinal upset ( diarrhoea and gas etc).
Study on Wild Mint: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4171855/
This beautiful delicious recipe was created by our Hummingbird expert nutritionist Alanna!