- 1 Energy Blendie
- 1 banana
- 1 passionfruit
- 1 cup plain/ginger kombucha OR Coconut water
- Combine the Blendie, banana, passionfruit and ⅓ of the kombucha in a blender and blitz on low until smooth. Add the remaining kombucha and blitz until combined.
- Dehydration is a big factor in feeling horrible after drinking, as alcohol is a diuretic. Replenish with water and electrolytes – found in kombucha or coconut water.
- Coconut water is a good alternative as it is hydrating and contains electrolytes
- Banana contains potassium – electrolytes. Also helps to calm the stomach.
- Ginger has been used in traditional medicine to treat nausea and vomiting
- When you drink alcohol you have depleted B vitamin stores – fermented foods like kombucha are high in these B vitamins
- Kombucha also contains good gut bacteria
- Vitamin C is also useful for immune health and antioixidant powers – found in the passionfruit.
- The best cure for a hangover is to abstain from drinking alcohol in the first place!
Credit to our wonderful Nutritionist Alanna for creating this recipe!