- 1 Active Blendie
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¾ cup milk or soy milk
- ¼ cup coconut water or extra milk
- Cacao nibs or dark chocolate shavings (60% cocoa solids or above)
- Combine the Blendie, blueberries, milk and coconut water in a blender and blitz until smooth. Garnish with cacao nibs.
- Studies have shown that blueberries can help improve cognitive abilities – great for memory and completing tasks
- Cacao also helps you focus and has similar effect as coffee due to the caffeine content – however it also contains more of a compound called theobromine which has similar effects to caffeine with less of an effect on the central nervous system
- Caffeine may help prolong physical endurance and focus – improves fatigue
- Using cows milk provides the greatest amount of protein per serving with the most branches chained amino acids (BCAAs)
- Cows milk and coconut water contain electrolytes to help keep you hydrated
TIP: Try freezing the coconut water and or blueberries for a thick and refreshing twist
This beautiful delicious recipe was created by our Hummingbird expert nutritionist Alanna!