- 1 Antioxidant
- ⅓ cup blueberries
- 1 plum
- 1 cup milk
- chia seeds for topping
- Combine the ingredients in a blender and blitz on low until smooth. Decorate with chia seeds and enjoy!
- Blueberries have been demonstrated to improve cognitive function, the antioxidants protect the brain from oxidative stress and may help prevent age-related cognitive decline
- Plums also high in antioxidants
- Chia seeds, pepitas and coconut oil are high in essential fatty acids required by the brain for optimal function
- Tip #1: Use frozen blueberries or add ice for an ice cold smoothie
- Tip #2: Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to up the protein intake for a post workout smoothie
This beautiful delicious recipe was created by our Hummingbird expert nutritionist Alanna!