Equipment: Fry pan, mixing bowl, whisk,
- 3 scoops WPI cacao protein powder
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup + 1 TBS buttermilk
- Butter/coconut oil, for frying
- Berries or banana
- Greek yoghurt
- Combine the protein powder and flour in a mixing bowl and whisk briefly to combine.
- Add the egg and buttermilk. Whisk thoroughly until smooth. Cover and stand for 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat a fry pan to medium high and lightly grease. Pour in about ¼ cup of batter and quickly rotate the pan so that it spreads around and up the sides of the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the top becomes completely matte and the edges start to crisp. Gently flip over and cook for 30 seconds on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter, lightly greasing the pan between batches.
- Dollop over your toppings and enjoy!
Notes & Tips:
- Make your own buttermilk by combining 1 cup of milk with 1 tbs vinegar or lemon juice and stand for 15 minutes.
- Swap the yoghurt for ricotta or coconut yoghurt
- 30g of protein per serve make these a great post workout meal
- You can use any type of flour you like
Nutrition Information (per serve):
|Per serve||Per 100g|